Formula for Calories to Kilogram (kcal to kg) and Kilogram to Calories (kg to kcal) Conversion
Note: 1 Calorie is same as 1 kcal. 1 calorie is 0.001 kcal
How many Calories to Kilogram?
To convert calories to kg, you can use the following formula:
kg = calories / 4184
For example, to convert 2000 calories to kg, divide by 4184:
2000 calories / 4184 = 0.47 kg
How many Kgs is a calorie?
To convert kg to calories, you can use the following formula:
calories = kg * 4184
For example, to convert 1 kg to calories, multiply by 4184
1 kg * 4184 = 4184 calories
Note: The above formulae are based on the fact that one calorie is equal to 4.184 joules or alternatively, one joule is equal to 0.239 calories.
A few key calorie to kg conversion values using the formula above:
100 calories to kg = 0.013 kg
500 calories in kg = 0.065 kg
1000 calories to kg = 0.13 kg
Some Interesting Facts on Calorie to Kg Conversion
- The Calorie-Kg Equation: Understanding the relationship between calories and kilograms is important for weight management. One kilogram of body weight is roughly equivalent to 7,700 calories. This means that in order to lose one kilogram, you need to create a calorie deficit of 7,700 calories through a combination of diet and exercise.
- The Energy Balance Equation: The concept of calories to kilogram conversion is based on the energy balance equation. This equation states that weight gain occurs when there is an excess of calories consumed compared to calories burned, and weight loss occurs when there is a deficit. By understanding this equation, individuals can make informed decisions about their calorie intake and expenditure to achieve their desired weight goals.
- Calorie-Kg Conversion in Food: It's interesting to note that different foods have varying calorie to kilogram conversion rates. For example, one kilogram of fat contains approximately 7,000-8,000 calories, while one kilogram of muscle contains around 2,700-3,500 calories. This highlights the importance of maintaining a healthy body composition and focusing on building lean muscle mass.
- The Impact of Calorie-Kg Conversion on Exercise: When engaging in physical activity, it's helpful to understand the calorie to weight relation to gauge the intensity and effectiveness of your workouts. For instance, running at a moderate pace burns approximately 100 calories per kilometer, while cycling at a moderate pace burns around 40-50 calories per kilometer. This knowledge can assist in setting fitness goals and tracking progress.
Remember, while understanding the conversion of calories to weight in kgs can be informative, it's essential to approach weight management holistically and consider other factors such as overall health.
Converting Calorie-Kg and Kg-Calorie
- The calorie to weight conversion is not a direct conversion. It is actually a conversion of energy to mass. 1 calorie is equal to the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius. 1 kilogram is equal to the mass of 1000 grams. So, to convert calories to kilograms, you need to multiply the number of calories by the conversion factor of 0.00013. The conversion factor of 0.00013 is derived from the specific heat capacity of water, which is the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius.
- The calorie was originally defined as the amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius at a pressure of 1 atmosphere. The specific heat capacity of water is 4.184 joules per gram per degree Celsius. So, 1 calorie is equal to 4.184 joules. The calorie to kilogram conversion is not a precise conversion. There is some variation in the specific heat capacity of water, so the actual conversion factor may be slightly different from 0.00013.
- The calorie to kg conversion is often used in weight loss and fitness. To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume. The number of calories you burn each day depends on your activity level, age, and weight. You can use calories to activity calculator to estimate how many calories you burn each day.
- The kg to calorie can also be used to calculate the energy content of food. The energy content of food is measured in kilocalories (kcal). 1 kcal is equal to 1000 calories.
- The calorie is not an SI unit of measurement. The SI unit of energy is the joule.
- The calorie is still widely used in the food industry and in nutrition research.
Note: This content has inputs from both the AI language model developed by OpenAI and by Bard, the Google AI model.
Calories to Kg converter (cal to kg) Table
1 calorie to kg
2 calories to kg
3 calories to kg
4 calories to kg
5 calories to kg
6 calories to kg
7 calories to kg
8 calories to kg
9 calories to kg
10 calories to kg
20 calories to kg
30 calories to kg
40 calories to kg
50 calories to kg
60 calories to kg
70 calories to kg
80 calories to kg
90 calories to kg
100 calories to kg
200 calories to kg
250 calories to kg
300 calories to kg
400 calories to kg
500 calories to kg
600 calories to kg
700 calories to kg
800 calories to kg
900 calories to kg
1000 calories to kg
2000 calories to kg
3000 calories to kg
3500 calories to kg
4000 calories to kg
5000 calories to kg
6000 calories to kg
7000 calories to kg
8000 calories to kg
9000 calories to kg
10000 calories to kg
Kg to Calories (kg to cal) Conversion Table
0.1 kg to calories
0.25 kg to calories
0.5 kg to calories
0.75 kg to calories
1 kg to calories
1.25 kg to calories
1.5 kg to calories
1.75 kg to calories
2 kg to calories
2.2 kg to calories
2.5 kg to calories
3 kg to calories
3.5 kg to calories
4 kg to calories
4.5 kg to calories
5 kg to calories
5.5 kg to calories
6 kg to calories
6.5 kg to calories
6.6 kg to calories
7 kg to calories
7.5 kg to calories
8 kg to calories
8.5 kg to calories
9 kg to calories
9.5 kg to calories
10 kg to calories
11.02 kg to calories
Frequently Asked Questions on Calories to Kg calculator
7716 calories in a kilogram (kg)
7716 calories in 1 kilogram.
One kilogram of body fat contains 7716 calories
7716 calories in 1 kg fat
Need to burn 7716 calories additionally to lose a kg
A kilogram of body fat is 7716 calories
A kilogram of body fat contains approximately 7716 calories
7716 calories to lose one kilogram.
To lose a kilogram need 1,60,000 - 2,40,000 steps or to walk 56 - 78 miles roughly .
There are 2390 calories in 1 kilogram of Chicken Breast
There are 3320 calories in 1 kilogram of ground beef.
There are 1100 calories in 1 kilogram of boneless skinless chicken breast.
There are 2030 calories in 1 kilogram of ground turkey.
There are 2390 calories in 1 kilogram of Chicken Breast.
There are 2390 calories in 1 kilogram of Chicken.
To lose 2 kilogram in a week, have to create a calorie deficit of 17,500 calories per week, which translates to 2,500 calories per day. Therefore, you have to create a calorie deficit of 2,500 calories per day for a week, in order to lose 2 kilogram a week.
There are 320 calories in 1 kilogram of strawberries
There are 270 g protein in 1 kilogram of chicken breast.
There are 2100 calories in 1 kilogram of salmon.
There are 990 calories in 1 kilogram of shrimp.
There are 320 calories in a kilogram of strawberries.
There are 738 calories in a quarter kilogram hamburger.
There are 300 calories in a kilogram of watermelon.
There are 7716 kcal(Calories) in 1 kg.
To convert a calorie to a kilogram multiply the weight, kilograms = calories × 0.00012959782 . 1 kilograms = 1 calories × 0.00012959782 . 1 cal = 0.00012959782 kg
There are 7716 cals in 1 kg of fat.
kilograms = 100 calories × 0.00013 = 0.013 kg
1 cal = 0.00013 kg